Type of wine:
Vino Tierno Moscatel
Designation of origin: Málaga
Moscatel de Alejandría (Moscatel de Málaga)
The grape variety Moscatel de Alejandría is grown in the sunstruck area of Axarquía (Eastern part of Málaga), a mountainous region with impressive rugged hills on soils covered with decomposing shale. The climate is warm and dry.
The grapes are picked manually and kept in crates. Inmediatey after the vintage, the grapes are laid out on drying mats to toast in the sun during about two weeks. Once the desired sugar concentration (22 Baume degree) is reached, the partially dried grapes are taken into the Bodega for its further grinding and crushing. A traditional basket press is used to obtain a must rich in sugars, and due to the delicate process, only small quantities are obtained. The must will then very slowly ferment in stainless steel tanks equipped with temperature control, until it reaches an alcohol level of about 2 degrees, before its “mutage”.
Riping and aging:
Riping during 12 months in barrels of American oak.
Alcoholic degree 15%. Reducing sugars 300g/l.
Dark amber. Very powerful nose with dried fruit flavours, toasted grapes, raisings, honey. Very sweet in the mouth although not excessively, unctuous, tasteful, and with an acidity in balance with the sugar contents. In retronasal too, flavours of dried and toasted fruits. The final touh is nice and long-lasting.
Ideal serving temperature between 14 and 18 ºC. Drink it as an aperitive or a dessert wine.
- Guía Peñín: 90 puntos, 2019
- Guía Peñín: 90 puntos, 2018
- Medalla de Oro: Premios Mezquita 2017
- 90 points: Guía Peñín 2017
- Gold medal: Premios Mezquita 2017
- Gold medal: Premios Vinduero 2016
- Gold medal: Premios Mezquita 2016
- Grand Gold medal: Premios Mezquita 2015
- Gold medal: Premios Arribe 2015
- Gold medal: Premios Mezquita 2014
- Gold medal: Premios Palacio 2014
- Premio Palacio: Best wine chosen by the public 2014
- Diploma: 92+ Gold taste wine Up Club
- Silver medal: Premios Arribe 2010
- Silver medal: Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2010
- Gold medal: Premios Zarcillo 2009
- Grand Gold medal: Cinve 2008
- Gold medal: Premios Palacio 2008 Torremolinos (Málaga)
- Gold medal: Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2008
- Grand Gold medal: Premios Bacchus 2008
- 1º Price: “La nariz de Oro” 2008
- Silver medal: Premios Zarcillo 2005
- Silver medal: Salón Inter. del Vino Iberwine 2005 (Madrid)
- Silver medal: Salón Inter. del Vino Iberwine 2004 (Madrid)