- Type of wine
- Appellation of origin
- Varieties of grapes used
- Moscatel and Pedro Ximénez
- 0,75 L
The grape variety Moscatel de Alejandría is grown in the sun-struck area of Axarquía and Pedro Ximén is grown in Montes de Málaga area. Both of them are mountainous regions with impressive rugged hills on soils covered with decomposing shale. Grape juices of Moscatel and Pedro Ximén ferment separately. The fermentation is stopped by adding alcohol, keeping a part of sugar without fermenting. Then we assemble the two wines for ageing.
Maturing and aging:
5 years ageing in american oak barrels by the system of “criaderas y soleras”.
15 % vol. Residual sugar 140 gr/l.
Mahogany color, brilliant with golden flashes. Powerful in nose, complex, fine wood, spicy and mature fruit. Persistent in the mouth, toasted dry fruit.
How to serve:
Serve between 10 and 12º C.
- Guía Peñín: 91 points 2023
- Gold Medal: Akatavino 2021
- Gold Medal: Premios Vinduero 2021
- Gold Medal: Premios Mezquita 2021
- Guía Peñín: 90 puntos, 2021
- Guía Peñín: 91 points, 2019
- Goild Medal: Premios Mezquita 2018
- Silver Medal: Premios Zarcillo 2018
- Gold Medal: Premios Mezquita 2017
- Out stock