El Lagar de Cabrera Blanco
- Type of wine
- Dry White
- Appellation of origin
- Sierras de Málaga
- Varieties of grapes used
- Moscatel de Alejandría
- 0,75 L
The variety Moscatel de Alejandría is grown in the sun-struck area of Axarquía (eastern part of Málaga), a mountainous region with impressive rugged hills on soils covered with decomposing shale. The climate is warm and dry. The grapes are picked manually and kept in crates of 15 kg. The fruit is collected before the berries start drying on the vine to obtain aromatic musts with enough level of acidity which will give the wine its character and freshness. Only free-run must is used, obtained without mechanic pressing.
Maturing and aging:
Pale yellow with touches of green, brilliant and clear. Very intense aroma, white flowers and mineral. Powerful palate, good acidity and delicate end.
How to serve:
Serve between 6 and 8º C.
El Lagar de Cabrera prizes:
- Gold Medal: Premios Mezquita 2020
- Silver Medal: Premios Vinduero 2019
- Silver Medal: Premios Mezquita 2017
- Gold Medal: Premios Vinduero 2016
- Silver Medal: Premios Mezquita 2016
- Bronce Medal: Premios Mezquita 2014
- Silver Medal: Premios Palacio 2009 Torremolinos (Málaga)
- Silver Medal: Premios Mezquita 2009
- Out stock